SDL Technical Workshop | NM
Date has been postponed until March 2021. Details TBD.
The Space Dynamics Laboratory provides specialized technical workshops throughout the year at our headquarters in Logan, Utah and our Albuquerque, New Mexico field location.
This series of workshops takes place in Albuquerque and includes the annual Hybrid Architecture Summit, as well as separate workshops focused on small satellite technology and cybersecurity.
If you are a program manager, mission operator, or mission lead, you can improve the probability of mission success by attending to gain a better understanding of challenges facing the industry. The event provides opportunities to exchange information concerning upcoming technical needs and requirements, network with cleared SCI technical experts, and mingle at luncheons and evening socials. Registration includes all three events.
Days 1 - 2
Hybrid Architecture and Small Satellite Technologies
The second annual Hybrid Architecture Summit is hosted by SDL and sponsored by the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) and the Space Security and Defense Program (SSDP). Hybrid architecture is all about making the capability greater than the sum of the parts, and requires data exchange between platforms and sensors to generate actionable information. The workshop includes:
- Briefs from relevant lead portfolio managers and architect leads
- Panel discussions featuring hybrid architecture experts from USG, industry, and labs
- Case studies on relevant technological challenges
- Multiple US Government presentations about current and future hybrid architectures
This mid-year cybersecurity workshop is supplemental to the cybersecurity workshop held each August at SDL headquarters. It will include presentations about cyber protection/defense of space systems and architectures from relevant Government agencies, industry, and the laboratory organizations that are working on technologies in this field. Workshop topics include:
- Threat Assessment: The current and predicted future threats to space systems
- Vulnerability Assessment: The current vulnerabilities in space systems
- Attack Surface: A cybersecurity view into the modern space architecture
- Cyber Defense: The emerging techniques, technologies, and tools for cyber defense of space systems